What I’m reading today (political): Sometimes I do sit down and do an hour or 2 of reading and browsing. I have collected the stories that I would recommend to anyone else interested in our messed up government, situation in the current war (criminal occupation), and world in general.
- Guilty plea in US bribery probe : An ex-aide to a top Republican lawmaker has pleaded guilty to conspiracy in a corruption case that has rattled the US political establishment.
- Acknowledging the Rush to War : “…leaks have occurred that have made the mainstream press take notice of the extreme likelihood that the Bush administration was bent on attacking Saddam Hussein no matter what, once the terrorist attacks of 9⁄11 gave them the thinnest of pretexts”
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly : “Maybe the fight against the Iraqi military on the open battlefield was a cakewalk, but everything since President Bush declared an end to major combat operations on May 1, 2003 …. has been anything but.”
- Liberia’s feared warlord prepares to stand trial : former Liberian warlord Charles Taylor will make his first court appearance tomorrow to face charges of crimes against humanity related to more than a decade of atrocities in Sierra Leone.
- Border ID cards coming : yup – it looks like we’re going to soon need special IDs or passports to travel between canada and the US. Feel safer? nope. (compare to Mexican Guest Worker issue)
What I did today: It is April Fool’s Day. I was in a much better mood before I did that look into the news… but since life continues, I’ll get over it and be happy again soon (already almost smiling).
We went to the Indie Craft Fair at Little Brother’s – mainly for the local cartoon artists : toothpaste for dinner (specific) / natalie dee, and Mr. Pickles. We got several (great) t-shirts and a few buttons and other stuffs. 3000% better than shopping at a mall.