We’ve setup Connect to expire the FMSCore processes after 2 hours, but if someone is still connected to a recording, it will keep the old zombie FMSCore process until that person disconnects.
It often happens that doesn’t work – and there’s seemingly no garbage collection in place to clean up old FMSCore.
So we created a simple AutoIt script which can be compiled to an EXE which works, but it has some dependancies…
The following dependencies / commands must all be in place:
How it works
- the script uses pv.exe to find all FMS Core processes which have a command line argument that includes “flvplayerapp” (which is only for recorded courses)
- for each of the returned process ids
- it uses pslist to list details which include the age of the process
- it uses a regex match find the “hours it’s been running”
- if longer than 5 hours (a configurable parameter) it uses pskill to kill the process.
So we set this up on an hourly scheduled task and it handles garbage collection for us.